Genevieve Ku is a solicitor in the firm’s Hong Kong office and focuses her practice on litigation. Ms. Ku advises clients in complex commercial litigation, corporate investigation, shareholder disputes, company dissolution, and liquidation.
Ms. Ku’s recent matters include:
- Acting for key corporate defendants in a trial fixed for 40 days in the defense of their title and ownership in substantial assets in Hong Kong in excess of HK$2 billion.
- Advising a Hong Kong company in respect of potential commercial and intellectual property claims against two PRC listed companies.
- Assisting various overseas companies to wind up their subsidiaries in Hong Kong.
- Representing U.S. clients in reaching settlement with a Hong Kong listed company and its Taiwanese shareholders regarding a series of disputes across the U.S., Hong Kong, and China.
- Acting for a state-owned corporation in France in respect of disputes arising from its joint ventures in Hong Kong and assets in the PRC.
- Advising a client on Securities and Futures Commission investigations and another client on ICAC investigations.
- Representing Hong Kong clients to reach settlement with U.S. complainants through mediation in respect of trademark infringements claims in the U.S.
- Representing a Hong Kong company to file a winding-up petition against the parent company of a Hong Kong-listed company.
Ms. Ku is a member of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Ms. Ku received a B.A. from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1996, and a LL.B. in 2004 and a P.C.L.L. in 2005 from the University of Hong Kong.
Speeches and Publications
Ms. Ku regularly writes about legal issues affecting her practice. Her recent publications follow.
- “International Commercial Dispute Resolution,” Tottel Publishing, Co-author, 2009.